E-Workshop on Basics of Zotero and Mendeley- Literature Survey tool
12 June 2020 , Time: 10:00 AM to 11.30 AM
RDIAS is organising E-Workshop on the Basics of Zotero & Mendeley (Literature Survey Tools). Creating references and citing published work in research writing is one of the most critical areas in producing a well-rounded piece of writing. Adopting a specific style of creating references is increasingly being required by publishers and Universities. Mendeley and Zotero are more than just a reference manager and thus both moves through the research process as researcher search, organizes, write, publish a research article. There is no constraint in learning new things. Keeping the requirements of researchers in the mind, this E-Workshop is planned.
- To encourage the research orientation of keen researchers in the discipline of Finance, Marketing, HRM and General Management
- To make participants understand the functionalities of Zotero and Mendeley Software.
- To provide the basic knowledge of different styles of referencing
- To provide hands-on-training in reference management using Zotero and Mendeley.
Who can participate?
Faculty Members , Research Scholars, Library Professionals, Students.
A mix of pedagogical tools will be used i.e. lectures through google meet, discussions, presentations and experiential exercises. Hands on experience will be given on both the software i.e. Zotero and Mendeley. Session will be delivered through google meet. Link of the google meet will be shared with all the participants and an invitation will be sent a day before the session along with the appropriate links for downloading the software . You need to mention the correct email id in registration form so that you could attend the session smoothly.
Dr. Anshu Tyagi
Dr.Anshu Tyagi is currently working as Associate Professor in Department of Management Studies, Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies since 2017. Previously, she has worked as Asst. Director, Research in Mewar University, Rajasthan. She was awarded Ph.D. (Commerce) from CCS University, Meerut.She did herMaster’s in Commerce from CCS University and Graduation from University of Delhi .She has presented papers in national and international conferences and also published various research articles in national and international journals including Scopus indexed and UGC -Care listed journals. Dr.Anshu had chaired session at International Conference and also conducted FDPs and is also guiding research scholars at Mewar University , Rajasthan.
Ms. Abha Gupta is currently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Management Studies, Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies since 2017. She is pursuing her PhD from Indira Gandhi National Open University. She has done her post-graduation and graduation from University of Delhi. She is UGC NET and JRF qualified. She has presented papers at National and International Conferences hosted by different colleges of Delhi University. Her papers are published in various journals of National Repute which includes UGC -Care Listed Journals.
Ms. Abha Gupta
Certificate of Participation
E- certificates will be provided upon the successful completion of the workshop and after submission of the feedback form.
Resource Person & Timing
· Basic introduction of Literature Review
· Tips & Tricks to strengthen LR
· Introduction to Zotero Software
· Live demonstration of Creating Library
· Searching online databases for import citations using Zotero Plug in
· Importing citation and writing bibliographies in different formats (APA, MLA & many more)
· Hands on Session on Zotero
(10:00 am – 10: 45 am)
· Introduction to Mendeley
· Adding and managing research papers in your Mendeley Library
· Highlighting and taking notes, using searchable notes
· Importing citation into word documents and creating bibliography
· Hands on session on Mendeley
Ms. Abha Gupta
(10:45 am – 11:30 am)
No Registration Fee
Workshop Convenor :
Dr.Anshu Tyagi , Associate Professor , RDIAS ( firstname.lastname@example.org , 9810205905 )
Ms. Abha Gupta , Assistant Professor , RDIAS (email@example.com , 9582088764)
Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies 2A & 2B, Phase-1, Madhuban Chowk, Outer Ring Rd, Block D, Sector 14, Rohini, Delhi, 110085